Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with connectivity to router and IP addresses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 finplanner69

finplanner69

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have about 15 devices connected to the router (some wired and some wireless).  A few months ago, some of these devices started to randomly lose connection.  When connection was lost, the IP address would change from the 192.168 string to the 10.0 string.  Release and renew of the ip address worked in some instances but not in others.  After setting up assigned ip addresses for each device did not help, I replaced the rotuer with a new Linksys EA3600.  I am having the same issue on the new router and with different devices.  I am even having the problem with wired devices.  I have created a dhcp reservation for each device but it has not helped.  After waking up a pc, after the lease expires, or sometimes just randomly, the IP address of the device will change to the 10.0 string and no longer be able to access the router and subsequently the internet.  Release and renew rarely works.  I have tried everything I can think of on various machines including rebooting the router, rebooting the machine, disable and enable nic, uninstall and reinstall nic and drivers, release/renew ip address, clear arp cache, and confirming tcip setting are set to dynamic.

I have had this issue of losing connection and the ip address changing from the 192.168 to the 10.0 with 2 different routers and several different devices and types ranging from ipads and phones to laptops, desktops and gaming systems.  Different versions of windows are involved and though the problem has spanned 2 routers, the problem has not remained specific to a certain set of devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tiff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I cannot answer why but there are some ideas here. Read the comments below.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/wireless-tips-does-your-wireless-router-keep-disconnecting-or-dropping-the-connection/

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Have they changed if you set them to static instead of dynamic?

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users