Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection (Corporate) review/questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 khmermon

khmermon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Question: Can anyone here provide any review or thoughts on Microsofts Intune Endpoint Protection?

Hi, I'm in charge of maintaing our network and we currently use ESET Endpoint Antivirus as our protection which I currently have no issues with. My boss proposed a new solution from Microsoft called Intune which offers the ability to manage, rollout software, Intune Endpoint protection and the ability to upgrade/standardized latest version of Windows OS without paying extra. Think of it more as a package deal and yes there are way more incentives that makes Microsoft Intune an attractive deal.

Now without writing anymore about the software, I'm concerned about the embedded Intune Endpoint Protection because once our ESET license is over, our company is looking to not renew with ESET but to keep Intune protection in place... I've searched and searched and my problem with the product is that there are not many articles reviewing the product. I brought this up to the company that wants to sell/help us roll out this solution but obviously he believes its the next best thing since slice bread. He said there were multiple cases where a company had Kaspersky and ESET on their machines and after installing Intune,  I came across a few articles that said Intune Endpoint protection is nothing more than a cloud based version of Microsoft Security Essentials which the gentlemen denied. I have used Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender on friends PC's who weren't able to spend the money to purchase a better security solution and obviously hate it due to the lack of protection it gives. If anyone here can provide any review on Intune Endpoint Protection I'd really appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users