Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I eliminate FriendsChecker?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lumara

Lumara

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Something called FriendsChecker has been adding links to the web pages I visit, just like oyodomo did. I have Webroot antivirus now, and it hasn't found any threats. Earlier today I ran scans with AdwCleaner, TDSSkiller and ESET, and they all reported no threats, but it sure looks like a virus to me. Is anyone here familiar with FriendsChecker? I want to remove it, but don't know how since none of the scans turned up anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Something called FriendsChecker has been adding links to the web pages I visit, just like oyodomo did. I have Webroot antivirus now, and it hasn't found any threats. Earlier today I ran scans with AdwCleaner, TDSSkiller and ESET, and they all reported no threats, but it sure looks like a virus to me. Is anyone here familiar with FriendsChecker? I want to remove it, but don't know how since none of the scans turned up anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

It can very well be an extension causing the nuisance. Head into your web browser's extensions page and removing anything suspicious.

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hello. Facebook friends checker is a desktop application that enables you to see the list of people who are no longer friends with you since the last time you checked.

After the add on check
Go to Start - All Programs - Facebook Friends Checker 2.0.0.0.
• Click Uninstall and then follow the Wizard to uninstall the program.
• Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.
• When the removal is complete, click "Finish", and restart your computer.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users