Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Somethings Messing Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Racoonslayer

Racoonslayer

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:26 AM

Hey, I have been on this forum before about .cab errors and fixed that problem by replacing dead memory. That was about a week ago. now I cant run any high-end games or conduct any memory tests in windows. The computer will not crash to a bsod, like it used to, but it will just freeze up, so I literally have to restart my computer. I hope that this isnt my processor. any responces will be greatly appreciated!!

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz
1024MB RAM Corsair PC3200
RADEON 9800 XT
SB Live! Audio
2 Western Digital 7200rpm 80+80=160

all that I can think of

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

in your control panel, under administrative tools>event viewer. what do you see under the 3 headings? and errors? likely explorer.exe>not responding. if you had bad ram, you may have some corruption in your os which results in explorer crashing. so either try a repair or perhaps a format. bad ram causes loss in data, so when trying to write back to the hdd, it has some holes, therin lies the "bsod". now that you have good modules, you must try to repair the holes left by the bad ones yo had.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 Racoonslayer

Racoonslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

Hey, thank you for the help. I checked the admin tools like you said and it all checks out. there are alot of app hangs, and errors. I just reformatted thinking that it might solve the problem, then got the new ram after I had installed windows and installed everything. Is there a way that I can repair windows without loosing everything. I have alot of applications installed and it just takes so long to do. When I reinstalled windows, then I guess that there were holes created there. Thank you

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:11 PM

update the mobo and chipset drivers, then apply sp4 that should solve the app/explorer freeezing
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Racoonslayer

Racoonslayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

I will try updating all the drives, but most of them are up to date. there is no service pack 4 for pro???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users