Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Snap Do Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Goby

Goby

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Hi all

I've tried a number of programs mentioned in Snap Do removal threads, but I can't get rid of this from Crome. Internet Explorer seems to be fine now after running the mentioned programs.

Any help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Welcome Goby. I'm quite sure these will do it.
thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
•Close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Delete.
•Confirm each time with Ok.
•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Goby

Goby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 4.9.3 (04.29.2013:2)
Ran by user on Wed 01/05/2013 at 19:27:03.89

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{B15BBE59-42F5-4206-B3F0-BE98F5DC4B93}

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\user\appdata\local\wondershare"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\freecorder extension"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\wondershare"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare"
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\user\appdata\local\{33FAD475-211A-46E8-94C5-D96CD275681B}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\user\appdata\local\{7AE8FD3E-A620-4965-B015-9C4E0258541C}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\user\appdata\local\{9C01EF67-9096-4397-AC2E-2EC54DB1425A}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\user\appdata\local\{C18FCDC2-3D4E-4AF3-B0F4-314D5E8317F5}

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Wed 01/05/2013 at 19:29:38.55
End of JRT log

#4 Goby

Goby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

# AdwCleaner v2.300 - Logfile created 05/01/2013 at 19:32:04

# Updated 28/04/2013 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# User : user - GOBY
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\user\Downloads\AdwCleaner (1).exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

Stopped & Deleted : vToolbarUpdater14.2.0

***** [Files / Folders] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVG Secure Search

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\grusskartencenter.com
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains\grusskartencenter.com
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\PropertySync.EXE

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.16537

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Google Chrome v26.0.1410.64

AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [18766 octets] - [21/04/2013 21:59:28]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [866 octets] - [21/04/2013 22:06:29]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [984 octets] - [22/04/2013 09:27:44]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [19174 octets] - [21/04/2013 22:00:17]
AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [930 octets] - [21/04/2013 22:06:56]
AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1048 octets] - [22/04/2013 09:28:09]
AdwCleaner[S4].txt - [1324 octets] - [01/05/2013 19:32:04]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S4].txt - [1384 octets] ##########

Hi Boopme

Thnx for the help. Snap Do still affecting Crome

Edited by Goby, 01 May 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

In Chrome it may be the Add ons/Plugins. try disabling them one at a time and see which one was at fault.

OR Disable All Extensions ,see if that worked,then you need to go back to one by one to see which ps the culprit

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Goby

Goby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

ok  I disabled all extensions, however when I start Crome, a second tab is started also by Snap Do.

I don't have any extensions btw other than "One-Click Extensions Manager 1.3.3.9"

Edited by Goby, 02 May 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ugh!! We need a new topic and a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.

Include this link back to here...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493117/snap-do-removal/#entry3040076

Edited by boopme, 02 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRL Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

The current wait time is 1 - 2 days and ALL logs are answered.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users