Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot download MARVEL War of Heroes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cuhkwan

cuhkwan

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

Hi forum,

I entered Google's Play trying to download "MARVEL War of Heroes", but it won't work.  Message said I was not in the area zone.

Does anyone know how can I by-pass this problem.  I have no idea at all.  Would any third party program can get the done ?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

You can try from the author: http://mobage.com/games/marvel-war-of-heroes

You'll have to allow downloads from third party sources.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 cuhkwan

cuhkwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

I tried your suggested link, however, it was re-directed to the Google's Play.  So, it goes back to the square one.  Any method which I can hide my area IP by an US one ?  I believe that this game is only open to some countries, but not the whole world.

Anyone know where I can find the APK of this game, it may be helpful.

#4 kc4cop

kc4cop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I believe that it would be worthwhile to try to use a proxy server. This method hides your actual IP address. Have you ever wondered how on TV the "bad guy" bounces his location all over the globe? Using proxy servers is the method employed. Trying to bounce your signal through multiple proxy servers can be a very tedious operation and unless you are a spy is unneeded. Multiple bounces are time-consuming because of the temporary status of most proxy servers.

Find a proxy with a United States IP address or if the IP address is not shown it becomes trial and error on your part until you find a workable IP. You can use the program "whois" to tell you the location of the proxy server. To use "WHOIS" go to the start menu and open a command prompt or click on "run", type " cmd" then "whois with the URL".

Example using whois : "whois http:\\microsoft.com".

I have a program (multiple purpose-high cost - "Ad Muncher") that will search for public proxy servers and then will test one or more of the servers that it found. Workable proxy server addresses come and go rapidly so it is best to have a program that will test the servers for current validity . I have used the program "Ad Muncher" for many years mostly to kill off obnoxious advertisements. the program is continuously updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users