Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PriceGong - and system running slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freebies416

freebies416

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

HI.  For some reason, Microsoft Security Essentials indicates that I have Adaware:Win32/pricegong

on my Internet Explorer and it keeps wanting to clean my computer.  I did a search for it, and nothing comes up.  If I do not allow MSE to clean the computer, my computer starts running slow and the fan kicks into high gear until I allow MSE to clean and then remove the adaware.

I found another posting (Started by Sauly25 , Feb 05 2013 10:45 PM) that said to do a few steps, which I have done, and it appears that the Adaware:Win32/pricegong  is gone, but I want to make sure.

I did the following:

(1) Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop

(2) Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller

I think I am ok, but wanted to have someone check for me.

I have Windows Vista 32 bit Home, and also have Trend Micro for security, as well as Microsoft Security Essentials.

What should I do?  Did I take care of the adaware?

- freebies416

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

Hi freebies416

and also have Trend Micro for security, as well as Microsoft Security Essentials.

Please note: You should only ever have 1 active Antivirus running, or you will get False Positives.

If you have 2 active Antivirus programs, this will always cause you problems -

If you already have a log from AdwCleaner on your desktop or at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt, please post that first.

If not here are the directions again -

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

*Close all open programs and internet browsers.

*At this stage you should disable (not remove) your Antivirus Program.
*Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.

*If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click select "Run as Administrator".
*Click on Delete.
*Confirm each time with OK
* NOTE: Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.

*Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
*You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

I would also run JRT a similar tool for these problems -

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
*Shut down your protection software / Antivirus now to avoid potential conflicts.
*Run the tool by double-clicking it -
*If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
*The tool will open and start scanning your system.
*Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
*On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

*Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

See how the system is after you Copy / Paste the logs back from these 2 programs -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users