Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Studio XPS problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ehow15wels

ehow15wels

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

My computer has been very odd for the last several months.  I've gotten lots of serious viruses and have reinstalled Windows countless times.  After getting everything reinstalled again onSaturday night, I went to bed leaving the computer on over night to recieve updates and render some video stuff I was working on.  Unfortunately, when I turned the computer screen back on, I saw just a huge glob of random distorted pixels everywhere, with weird patterns and such.  When I did some research, I found it was my graphics card that had crashed, and I then started the pc back up as normal, yet it got stuck at the Windows 7 flag with "starting windows".  I had a extra failsafe partition with no OS on it, and I proceeded to put the installation disk in and boot it up.  Unfortunately, the Windows disc wouldn't even boot up.  I then ran a diagnostics test that gave me error code 2000-0146 (which usually means a failing hard drive) when running the DST short test.  I know for 100% the hard drive is fine and has nothing wrong with it so I'm not sure what the problem is.  I think it is some underlying virus, but who knows what exactly it is.

I'm currently running of the partion magic linux included on HBCD to go here.  I'm so confused about what the problems are.  i'm frustrated and I really need to get this computer back up to full health ASAP for work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Look like there is something wrong with the motherboard, video card or hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users