Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I don't want Bing Desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Am I the only one sick of Bing Desktop appearing as an update in XP, Vista, 7 & 8? When you check off to hide the update, it grows back again like a fungus. Very nice of Microsoft to be so pushy.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

No confusion here. I am being hounded to DOWNLOAD Bing Desktop as a Windows update, and although I uncheck the box and select hide update each time I update, the offer comes back again........like a fungus.

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 30 April 2013 - 05:46 AM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 Rewster

Rewster

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

It's just something that they always push towards you as they are likely making money off it when you install it. Not sure if you can do anything except just marking it as hide each time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users