Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video output on laptops

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Corkey

Corkey

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

HELP!!!! I have 3 laptops that boot but show no video output regardless of the source.

HP Pavilion DV6 . Odd thing is that there is no license information on the back of the laptop to determine the exact model or serial number. I have never seen a laptop like that. The only license information is for windows.

Screen is broke so she was using an external monitor. Turned it on and the monitor didn’t react. Tried HDMI and still nothing. I want to replace the screen but now I am having the problem of NO video output at all so I can’t access any command screens.

2  I have 2 Toshiba Satellites L505D-S5983 & L655S PSK2LU

L505D-S5983  Did a restore disk for windows 7 and screen miraculously popped up. Updated drivers and cleaned it up. Week later, same problem.. she turned it on and got a blank screen.

L655S PSK2LU  Tried the repair disk but got nothing.

I have been told that the video card is integrated into the motherboard but there HAS to be another way around it no?

I hate to think that these are now useless with the amount of money they invested. Both laptops have no warrantees.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have researched online and have tried the taking the battery out and hitting different function keys but to no avail. Thank you.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 29 April 2013 - 02:55 PM.
Moved to Internal Hardware from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Did you buy them together used in this condition? Sounds like a main board defect with the graphics chip.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 Corkey

Corkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

They are actually from 3 different people...I was hoping that was not the case... I am not a genius with computers but I dabble in them and my family sends them to me. Most I can do is put out feelers and try to help them. Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users