Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS Problems?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jabailey

jabailey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hey, came to this site through google and saw that there were people who got help with similar issues, but I wanted to join to see if I could get an assist personally since problems can be unique sometimes.

When I started school, I had my desktop hooked up to the dorm's hard connection since it is much faster than the wi-fi available here. All worked fine for several months until about a month ago I encountered an issue where it will tell me that I am connected to the internet, present no problems when trying to troubleshoot, but still not let me access the internet when I open a browser or launch World of Warcraft or Smite, or something.

The only way I've been able to find out how to fix this is to go into the device management and uninstall the network adapter "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" that has to do with my wired connection, reinstall it through the "Scan for Hardware Changes" button, and then quickly open the browser or game once it connects. After a little while it will "turn off" again and while I can continue using the game, if I close it, it will no longer work. As for browsers, Google tends to work but attempting to click other links after a search doesn't seem to work.

I believe I can still connect to the wireless network, but it will only operate correctly when I unplug the wired connection. I would use the wireless, but during the day it's so ungodly slow that I would rather get this issue fixed if at all possible. I can provide any information asked for, I just don't know exactly what you would want me to provide, so please, if you can help me any, I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

EDIT: Realized I put this in the wrong forum; can't figure out how to delete this topic.

Edited by jabailey, 29 April 2013 - 04:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users