Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive gone...just gone.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shukujo

shukujo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

It WAS being detected it had some bad sectors that needed repairing. I was using Partition Guru to do just that and then POOF! It's gone. Now the BIOS says Not Detected and I have no idea what to do next.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spiraling

spiraling

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sounds to me like you're pretty much out of luck.

I'd suggest getting a new drive and only working on the existing drive to see if you can recover your data. 

Some of the machines (factory PCs) have hard drive recovery tools so look if these will power up via your startup menu. 

I'll connect the drive to another PC just to see if data could be salvaged. 

You can also try some drive forensics recovery tools to see if you can read some of the damaged data. Another option might be to try and get a controller for the drive by purchasing the same drive and changing the controllers just in case that might be the issue, but judging at the fact that you had bad sectors it is most likely the head so I wouldn't be too optimistic.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users