Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't download files with IE9

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reerun2525

reerun2525

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

I am running Win7 Pro Service pack 1 64-bit.  I was trying to download an attachment, a PDF, sent to me wia my yahoo mail.  I use the web interface for Yahoo, and it tells me that the file can't be downloaded.  I go to Bleeping Computer to try to download malwarebytes (mbam-setup.exe) and when I click on the link, it asks me if I want to run or save.  I select save, and it downloads the file, I see the % downloaded climbing, and it looks like it hit 100%, and then the box at the bottom of the IE9 browser window says mbam-setup.exe couldn't be downloaded.  Does not seem to matter the file type, they all end up saying the same thing, XXXX couldn't be downloaded.  If I select the retry button, the banner flashes, but says the same thing.  I checked in Internet Setting, Security, and made sure File Download is checked.  I even upgraded to IE10, and had the same issue, so I reverted back to IE9.  Any thoughts on what is going on, and what I can do to fix it?  Thanks in advance...  Also, I am running Norton Antivirus 20.3.1.22, bt have turned off real-time scanning, and still can't download.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Francis Houle_*

Guest_Francis Houle_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Did you try to reset internet explorer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users