Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Vs iPhone?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 AdrianHenry

AdrianHenry

• Banned Spammer
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Which is better, Samsung or iPhone?

Edited by hamluis, 29 April 2013 - 06:52 AM.
Moved from Gadgets-iPod to Cell Phones - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

To me its more about what you want/need to do with it. I myself use an iPhone, simply because I know apple iOS and enjoy what it has to offer, but also because I like the outside design and function of the iPhone. As for Samsung, they have android, and different outside designs. It really largely up to you, go look at a few and see what you like. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 AdrianHenry

AdrianHenry
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thanks friend, for suggesting me, but i am a bit puzzle that what to purchase?, I heard that the touch of iPhone is smoother than the Samsung phone, thats why i need some suggestions.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Depending on where in the world you are, I would go out to an apple store and a mobile phone store and just demo some of the models, you can never tell until you try. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Like I mentioned in another post:

Avoid the fanboys and test for yourself. :thumbup2:

http://versusio.com/en

Also as has been mentioned. See for yourself and try demo units in the store. Put your hands on one and see what you like.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

I used to be against iPhones, but then I had the original Motorolla Droid for 18 months, it was great to start out, but the problem with android phones (at least back then) is they get outdated quickly, they are built for one specific software version and as subsequent versions come out they get bogged down and slow down.

They both have great features, and as far as processing power goes they are neck and neck, iOS is more simplified but you are limited in the development side of things, where android you can change all sorts of things but its more of a learning curve.

as far as physical differences there really isnt that big of a difference, both use very fast and responsive touchscreens, have good battery life, and you have the option of 4G depending on where you are and what model you get.

#7 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I've heard people that are happy with their Samsung Galaxy. The price is certainly more friendly, than an iPhone 5.
One of my friends returned his Samsung, didn't like the action of it.

I have the iPhone 5 & certainly like it. It is expensive, but it is also more secure. One pays for Apple's proprietary system, but the upside is seamless interface with other Apple devices.

I think people are happy to have a device that mimics an Apple device, like the Samsung, at a fraction of cost. People love value & if you are happy with Samsung, then you'll be more happy of the savings.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

#8 nettechindia

nettechindia

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

Samsung is better than iPhone as it is providing the same service which iPhone is providing at their system.

#9 puar

puar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

For me i will go with the iphone because:

1. i'm used to ios

2. I've been using iphones since 2009

3. I am a fan of apple products

I might switch to android phones  in the future if I upgrade to an ipad. 

I would also like to test the new amazon phone.

Edited by puar, 22 September 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Generic Android devices have caught up. No need to pay an additional $300-$500 for a big brand name anymore.

#11 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

I use both:

IPhone for personal

Samsung S5 for work

I prefer the IPhone in general for I find it runs as fast as the day I bought it. Right now the S5 is still fast but I only use it for work and it's still fairly new to me. 

That is where I stand for now.

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#12 jaykowalski

jaykowalski

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

I don't really like Samsung's interface. Lagwiz is not so fast for me. I would prefer an iPhone.

#13 johny1992

johny1992

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

For me Samsung is better than iPhone. I think you pay 300$ more for iPhone because its product of Apple. You pay more for name. You can download more apps from android market.

#14 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

Cyanogenmod is a much better Android operating system (firmware) than the junk Samsung pushes. We were fiddling with it the other day. We now have a Samsung S2 running Kit-Kat. It's quicker and nicer than the day it came out of the box.

#15 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 user here.  I started with the Galaxy S2 and at the time I saw comparsions of features of Apple & Samsung and personally I thought the Samsung was way out front, Apple was in catch up mode.  Neverless the reviews seemed heavily skewed for Apple even though Samsung seemed clearly ahead on technology.  Apple users seem very loyal to Apple products and probably for good reasons.

That was a while back and the Samsung Galaxy S4 I've had for over a year now is still absolutely amazing has plenty of RAM and is fast, very smooth and I find no need to upgrade at all.  I find the Android OS to be very intuitive and in many ways they have smarter easier solutions to things that are a pain in Windows 8.1. 

All that said I think Apple has made many improvements and users are extremely loyal for many reasons.  Folks love the Apple OS and the technology of there phones has made major improvements.

Personal opinion the technology today's mobile phones has advanced so much I couldn't imagine being disappointed with either phone.  I'll go with the other folks and recommend a hands on test on both and see what you prefer.  Just a few years ago I always found mobile phones very lacking and annoying.  Not the case today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users