Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PCDevil

PCDevil

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'd like to create a browser game. I can code in html, but I know it takes more than that to create a game. I've been looking into game creators, but can't seem to find quite what I want.

Basically I want a text browser game like Kings of Chaos. So a multiplayer game with text links and very few graphics.

What is the easiest way to create it? What game creators would allow me to design that type of game?

Also, if I decided to host the game what hosting would be best to go with?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

I've been playing around with HTML5 canvas, seems to be rather easy to create "games" and other animations or similar - an example (still developing this one) i've been playing around with http://mytms.at/tmsweather/ (still a little buggy in IE, but click any location, they all do the same).

My example is using jQuery, jQueryMobile and a couple of third party scripts.

Canvas seem to have quite good cross browser support too. I'm not too sure how you would go with a multiplayer game with both players being in different remote locations though... I'm guessing you would have to have the client keep polling the server to see if an event has occurred?

May be wrong, but don't a lot of "game creators" use flash? If you want your game to be cross browser/device, i'd stay anway from any of these.

Edit: Also in the middle of making it object orientated!

Edited by KamakaZ, 29 April 2013 - 10:26 PM.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 PCDevil

PCDevil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

That's cool.

I have no idea how it would work lol.

Yeah, I think a lot probably do use flash which I don't really want to use. For what I want there doesn't seem to be any need to use Flash. Most are very graphics based though, which I don't want. I just need something that codes the jQuery and HTML5 stuff and any other coding like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users