Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hd Help- What Type Is Compatible With Mb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jat_the_Hero

Jat_the_Hero

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 02:36 AM

im in the process of building my first pc and need some help choosing a HD thats compatible with a ASUS A8N5X ATX AMD Motherboard. Right now i know SATA2 HD are not compatible but im unsure about what will work. Can any one tell me what HD is good to buy on newegg? im looking for an 80GB HD and im on about a $70 budget.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:38 AM

Both SATA and PATA (IDE) is compatible with it.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:59 AM

Well, you already know your budget and were you're buying it from so that leads you here.
My personal preference is Western Digital first, Seagate Second. Longer warranty on the Seagate though.
Things to consider:
Average Seek Time: = Lower the number, the better
Average Write Time: = Lower the number, the better
Cache: = Higher the number, the better.
Don't forget to include the $5.00 shipping in the price.
Have fun on that build. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users