Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware gone, files still inaccessible

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Antwan2009

Antwan2009

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Having just recovered from a virus (and deleting it through the Rkill/Malwarebytes/Unhide.exe) I've still got a number of files that are inaccessible. All the ones that I've encountered are MP3 files in my My Music folder, and it's not even all of them, which leads me to believe that there's something wrong with how I've used the program. However, it's still massively frustrating - the files under the artists from the beginning to midway through "A" are fine, however everything after that shows as a hidden file, and can't be played. I'm running Unhide again to see if anything changes, but I was hoping for some help with this issue.

Edit: Another issue I've found is that start menu is empty, and the option to shut down from there is gone (I can only log off, switch user or lock) - I assume this is related as well?

Edited by Antwan2009, 28 April 2013 - 01:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users