Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System image backup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi all,I have a question that I hope is not a foolish one.I do a system image backup every month in windows 7.

It also asks me if I want a system repair disc which I did the first time.Do I have to make a new repair disc everytime I do a backup.Thanx,Tony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonstonx64

jonstonx64

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

When your computer won't boot, a System Repair Disc is used to bring you into the System Repair Options to perform a system restore, perform an image restore, open a command prompt, or repair the startup environment. It is independent of updates and service packs. Therefore, you do not need to create a System Repair Disc every time you make a system image backup. Also, if you have the Windows 7 Installation DVD, it will work as a System Repair Disc.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

The system repair disc is only for the Windows operating system files.  This is used if you don't have the installation disk.   So no, you don't need to keep recreating it.

I would suggest that you backup all of your important files to a removable form of media, such as CDs/DVDs, flash drives, external hdd, etc.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi all,I have a question that I hope is not a foolish one.I do a system image backup every month in windows 7.

It also asks me if I want a system repair disc which I did the first time.Do I have to make a new repair disc everytime I do a backup.Thanx,Tony.

it would be wise to actually check it,by booting from it,you can then cancel the process.İ occassionally do burn a new disc every few months or so,but that's just me.

#5 Plumber

Plumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Thanx to all for your helpfull replies,all my impotant stuff is backed up on a external drive.So I will only keep 1 repair disc.I hope it is easier to use the system image than to re-install the OS and put all my documents and programs back on.

Thanx again,Tony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users