Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win8 Cannot boot properly!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sinancem3

sinancem3

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

I have a Dell Studio 1747 and it has Windows 8. 4GB of RAM and Intel Core i7 CPU. If needed more information is available.

It had somekind of a problem when it had windows 7 and I had to send it to get fixed. They installed windows 8 and it used to work. After sometime, it started to get really slow on boots and it would come to the login screen and sometimes would freeze and I would force shut it.

I was very angry after it got very slow so I opened the inside and cleaned the fan. Of course since im just a starter I couldnt close it properly but I finally managed to close it badly. The problem got better through time but last day it just came back in the worst form.

When I turn the computer on only the windows logo would appear and how even if you leave it there for 10 minutes it wouldnt load. It sometimes give a bluescreen and restarts. If you close it before the bluescreen when you reboot it you get automatic repairing thing. It shows the same screen with only the text under it and it shows me a black screen after a couple of seconds. The resolution of the screen is lowered and I can understand that because my cursor gets bigger and I think the computer is trying to get to the Advanced Repairing Options. But it can't.

Now I don't want to use this computer anymore I hate it and will buy another one but I need to save some files! It would be okay if I can just boot it in Safe Mode but I cant do it since F8 or Shift+F8 was removed and I can't access the normal settings since I cant boot in normal mode!

Oh yeah and this problem started when I was using my computer just writing some stuff... It started to get slower and I wanted to save the things so I waited a bit for it to get faster but it froze and I had to force shut it. Please help I just want the saved data in there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

They installed windows 8 and it used to work

Does it mean the OS now on it is an illegal copy ?

#3 sinancem3

sinancem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

It should be an illegal copy. I got the computer from my dads company and sent it there for them to fix it so yes it should be an illegal copy. I used it for like 7 months after it came back and now it is in this state...

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hi sinancem3

Sorry to say it but forum policy is against to support an illegal OS. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

I can't assist you to repair the OS but you can use a live Linux CD like "puppy Linux" to boot the CD drive and copy all the necessary data. 

Download puppy from http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm

After saving data wipe the OS and install any legitimate Windows version.

#5 sinancem3

sinancem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh wait :D I had a mindf there sorry it IS legal sorry Im not a native speaker it IS legal and it was unlocked with a legal activation code... I just didnt realize Illegal ment not legal :ı

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Can you enter in to safe mode ? 

http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

Dell do have a built in hardware diagnostics. Press F12 key when powering on and you will see a boot options menu. Select diagnostics and let it run a full test of your system. If any errors are found it will display a message.

#7 sinancem3

sinancem3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think the Shift F8 combination works on only very slow computers since it now gives a very short time to access it... I am running the tests now I will write if any message appears.

#8 stoneyc

stoneyc

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

hold alt and f8 key at same time it should go to safe mode

#9 Mr Gibberish

Mr Gibberish

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

To recover files I would recommend booting an ubuntu 13.04 live cd and then using it to copy files from your drive to another storage device.

You computer should have a recovery partition if it was setup properly, you can use it to restore you windows 8 to it's factory state and then put your files back onto the computer.

To do this you will need:

Ubuntu 13.04 64bit ISO burned to a dvd

A system recovery partition

A second hard drive or a flash drive to transfer your files to

If you are unfamiliar with Ubuntu, read a few guides before using it and look at some screen shots.

Signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users