Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting into IT Support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shadow IT

shadow IT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

I’m looking for IT Desktop support or IT Support technician role and happy doing voluntary work, I was wondering what is the best way to acquire the skills necessary as I have only limited experience in doing IT support. I have read through Mike Meyers Comptia A+ book and reading another computer support book. It’s not that I’m that interested in getting the Comptia A+ yet, I would prefer have the skills than the certificate. I wonder if there is a better way to learn the skills of a technician any videos I should use. I’m going to get the CBT A+ Nuggets to see the role of a technician as it will let me see the inside of a desktop PC as I only have a laptop myself.I was wondering if there any other videos or ideas I could use so I have a more hands on knowledge of repairing IT issues.  Maybe cert IV would be the best but I can’t find a decent hands on course for either where I live and am happy learning on my own.

I would prefer working in an IT repair store than in an office as I do not like working in offices. Also I assume most of the issues brought in would be laptop and tablets, even mobile phone issues rather than desktop, so any tips to get more knowledge on this and I would be grateful. Thankyou.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Camacho

Camacho

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Technical support or tech support refers to a range of services by which enterprises provide assistance to users of technology products such as mobile phones, televisions, computers, software products or other electronic or mechanical goods. In general, technical support services attempt to help the user solve specific problems with a product—rather than providing training, customization, or other support services. Most companies offer technical support for the products they sell, either freely available or for a fee. Technical support may be delivered over the telephone or online by e-mail or a website or a tool where users can log a call/incident. Larger organizations frequently have internal technical support available to their staff for computer related problems. The internet is also a good source for freely available tech support, where experienced users may provide advice and assistance with problems. In addition, some fee-based service companies charge for premium technical support services.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users