Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer slow downloads

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grayhair

grayhair

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Built new computer with gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 installed where old computer was installed same ethernet cable  to switch to router.downloads are in the 2000 kbps. With old computer they were and still are when i hook it up in the 12000 kbps.So I bypassed switch to new computer and speeds are where they should be .Must be switch which is a netgearg 108 v3, so i buy a new gs 608 v3 hook new cumputer up and THE SPEED IS DOWN AGAIN So hoping i didnt buy a bad switch I barrowed  my niebors gs 608 V still slow bypass switch speeds are great. Why does my new coputer have slow down loads when going thru switch but old computer has no problem. OLd coputer has gigabyte  GA-890FXA-UD5. any help would be appreciated  and yes have to have switch in place.

with switch

without switchAttached File  results_img.php2.gif   6.01KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

It must not be a defective LAN card since there is good connection when on router. Have you tried reinstalling/updating the LAN card driver? Can you compare the LAN card Advanced tab option by going to Device Manager - Properties. There are several Properties and Values you might find that is not set correctly or needs to be adjusted. Did you try using a different port also?

Tekken

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm going with jhayz, sounds like the driver for the onboard nic needs to be updated. Also if you have another network interface card that you can use instead of the built in controller, then I would try that as well to see if it will resolve the issues.

LAN

1. 1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

Driver:  http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

The driver is from March, so if your current driver is newer than this one, then this driver will not benefit you any.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#4 grayhair

grayhair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS

Went into advanced tab and matched the settings with my old  computer  no change also used new drivers from march still no change. I think i'll pick up a nic and see what happens.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Let us know what comes up. I'm not sure about Gigabyte mobo but check if there are bundled software/utility that might have cause conflict to your download performance. The onboard LAN should work unless you want to RMA it.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users