Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,041 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Sometimes when I go to an open a new tab and go to a link, or refresh a page I am sometimes met with this error (using Google Chrome): 

Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.

Does anybody know what may cause this and how to fix this as it is quite annoying (it doesn't happen all the time though)? This started happening only yesterday

Edited by xXToffeeXx, 27 April 2013 - 11:37 AM.

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Sometimes when I go to an open a new tab and go to a link, or refresh a page I am sometimes met with this error (using Google Chrome): 

Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.

Does anybody know what may cause this and how to fix this as it is quite annoying (it doesn't happen all the time though)? This started happening only yesterday

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136678

try the above link see how you go.

#3 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Topic Starter

• 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Sorry for the rather late, and delayed reply. Some of the points on the link didn't seem to work, but a reinstall of Chrome has sent the error away. Seems to be the answer to most of the problems with Chrome.

Thank you.

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

#4 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Sorry for the rather late, and delayed reply. Some of the points on the link didn't seem to work, but a reinstall of Chrome has sent the error away. Seems to be the answer to most of the problems with Chrome.

Thank you.

You're welcome,i've never used chrome but i assume there to be a  'reset' you could try first,if the problem recurs,rather than reinstalling.Which usually works when it's done with F.F.

#5 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Topic Starter

• 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thank you.

You're welcome,i've never used chrome but i assume there to be a  'reset' you could try first,if the problem recurs,rather than reinstalling.Which usually works when it's done with F.F.

Ah, yeah. I think that mostly would reset your data. I'm not sure, I might look into that. However I see a lot of problems with Chrome fixed via a reinstall since you can import your data back in easily.

#6 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

Thank you.

Ah, yeah. I think that mostly would reset your data. I'm not sure, I might look into that. However I see a lot of problems with Chrome fixed via a reinstall since you can import your data back in easily.

İf re-installing often doesn't bother you,no problem,such a thing though would not do it for me.İ expect stability in a browser and everywhere else.

#7 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Topic Starter

• 6,041 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thank you.

İf re-installing often doesn't bother you,no problem,such a thing though would not do it for me.İ expect stability in a browser and everywhere else.

Anyway this is the first time I've had any problems so I can normally rely on Google Chrome. Normally it is pretty stable, and pretty much any browser is better than using IE for me.

Thank you for your help though!

Edited by xXToffeeXx, 03 May 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#8 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users