Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apple ipad will NOT reset itself with itunes?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerfunguy

computerfunguy

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have an ipad a friend gave me. (because he cant get it to work)  I need to restore it but when i connect it to itunes and hit the restore button, i get a message saying the server could not be found?   Whay cant i restore this darn thing?

Edited by computerfunguy, 26 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

why can I not post in this forum?

because he jailbroke it..  

You need to set it to recovery mode 1st and then attempt to restore.. 

BUT before you do that..  try from another usb port(particularly if on a laptop) or even from an actual PC,   I have done that so many times and have been able to restore back to factory... long story short your looking for the main usb port that gets the power first.. 

If none of that works.. then your in for a long, LONG NITE of troubleshooting..

here you go..... GOOD LUCK!

I guess one cannot post links to other forums is that the issue? 

#3 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'll save you from hours of trouble!

Put it into DFU mode. Then reset. It should force it to accept the reset. 

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Now, you must be PERFECT with your timings. If successful, you should have a completely black screen. If not, it will simply reboot the iPad. No consequences. After entering DFU mode, itunes will say it has detected a device in recovery mode, when it is actually in DFU mode. That is normal. Read the guide, it's really simple and fix the iPad probably in under 15 minutes! Don't worry if you mess up your timings, I still do a lot and I've done it 50+ times. Use a clock to keep time.

Good luck, and pretty cool you got a free iPad!

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users