Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the best way to ensure that my PC is running clean?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KevinCARES

KevinCARES

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

HP 2000 Notebook PC

Intel Pentium CPU 8960 @ 2.20GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4GB (3.85 usable)

64-bit

Service Pack 1

Windows 7 Home Premium

----

Currently Installed Software for Malware, Adware, etc.

MBAM

Avast

Microsoft Security Essentials

RKill

Sandboxie (not sure if this helps or not)

----

Lately I have been visting several GPT websites (sites that have you complete third-party offers and surveys for money) and it struck me that my computer may still be open to several registry changes and what have you. I do several downloads and ad-clicks on these websites while using Sandboxie, so the changes are never permanently there; or so I think. Can anyone tell me what steps to take to ensure that there is nothing lingering on my PC or that there is nothing wrong with it? I'm talking about program files to look for, software that may be used, etc. I just finished a quick scan with MBAM that said my PC is safe but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hello and Welcome -

This detailed item is one of the better ones to read Answers to common security questions - Best Practices
Also you need to remove one of those Antivirus programs (Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials) as you should only ever run one active Antivirus programs at any time, or they will conflict with each other, and miss some infections.

If you have further questions, please add them to this topic -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users