Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office programs crash and restart over and over

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kc0203

kc0203

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Outlook word and so on stop and restart repeatedly. A diagnostic came up that indicated possible hard drive issues I'm trying to back my hard drive to another exterior drive but it will not let me I have plenty of space and have tried two different drives with the same result. I have dropped my entire c: drive onto the E: and it all goes except one file it will not transfer. How do I get my system backed up to replace the hard drive. How can I be sure it is in fact the hard drive? backing up data has not been an issue.

KC  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,687 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

What is the one file that doesn't transfer and what is the error message?

If everything else tranfers ok and data backup is ok it doesn't sound like a hard drive issue to me; however, others on our forum can certainly direct you on how to check the hard drive

#3 WalkingAtNight

WalkingAtNight

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Try doing a chkdsk.

Open "my computer", right click on your c: drive, go to properties, change to the tools tab, select check now and check mark both selections boxes. it will ask you if you want to schedule the check disk. confirm the schedule and reboot computer.. let it run.

It will take a while to finish..  You may observe the entire process to see if anything sectors are bad.. bad sectors mean hdd has problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users