Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I tell how bright a laptop's monitor is?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hello,
I'm looking for an inexpensive used laptop that has an extremely bright monitor brightness at least at the highest setting.

I recently purchased an inexpensive Dell Latitude D800 and it's great except that the monitor brightness is still way too low, even set at its max, for me to be able to see text comfortably enough to work with it outside under a shady umbrella on a sunny day--a necessary situation for me sometimes.

If I purchase a laptop, chances are it will be one of the 46 results from this search, which is set to:
4 Stars & Up › $0-$151 › 15 to 15.9 Inches or 14 to 14.9 Inches
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=laptop&qid=1366999491&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A565108%2Cp_72%3A1248879011%2Cp_36%3A-15100%2Ck%3Alaptop%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A2423841011|2423840011&sort=price

But it doesn't look to me like laptops have a 'Technical Detail' for LCD brightness. Without my being able to test these in the intended setting, I wonder how I should know which one to choose? Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users