Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delay In Things Opening When Just Connecting To The Internet.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

When I connect to netzero the internet explorer automatically pops up. But it is delayed for a few minutes. I have the process manager up and it has IEXPLORER.EXE there but it is using little resources like under 3000kb's. When I am tring to open other things they will be delayed as well. It seems as if the more things I open the less time it takes for it to get it's act together. This happens at various times I do not know what is causing it. I have no virus's or spyware. I have the latest Ad-Aware SE Plus, Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal and Anti-Hacker.
William Montgomery Walters

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

Is this a dialup connection? My daughter has one with netzero and you can make lunch waiting on it.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 willmon18

willmon18
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

Yes it is a dial-up connection. But my mom's computer never did this. My computer does it almost all the time. Do you assume that it is because I have a low processor speed it is 500mhz and it has 320mbs of ram.

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Yep. slow three times in a row=good and slow. I use a lot of 450-500 mhz computers with a high speed connection and it works fairly well. By the way, stay away from accellerators, etc. to try to increase speed.The best thing to do is close all the start up programs you don't need and open them when you do. adobe acrobat and windows messenger come to mind. After that make sure your computer is clean. CCleaner is a good safe product, and it is free. RAM is fairly cheap these days, and if you are not maxed out that is a good investment.

#5 willmon18

willmon18
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:42 PM

Well that is an idea. I think I will just get rid of my firewall and virus protection. That is the only thing I can get out of my start up before the thing actually connects right. If I am lucky I will get my computer teachers computer sometime in the summer. If so I am going to be in really good luck. The computer has 1gb of ram and almost 4ghz of processor speed. That is very good. I have never had any trouble with his computer at school. Just a good reformat and it will be perfect for me to use at home. Anyways I have this ram thing with my tune-up utilities 2006 when I start up I have like 100 ram free out of 320 so I exit my virus protection and firewall protection but they are still protecting me. Then I free my ram and then it connects me just fine. Can you close these post things once your get an answer for your post? I am still a little new here. I just got off of protonic.

#6 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:00 AM

We are good to go.

#7 willmon18

willmon18
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

Well I don't know what I did, but it is working right now. I guess it is that I deleted my username on the computer and started all over. Also I went back to my better security suite. Zone Alarm Security Suite. Is it possible to close a topic once your question is answered?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users