Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With?internet Explorer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wheezer

wheezer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:57 PM

I just got a new Dell Dimension E310. Windows XP SP2, Media Center Edition 2002. I use Internet Explorer 6 SP2, and the following McAfee programs: Virus Scan 10, Personal Firewall Plus 7, Privacy Service 8, and Spam Killer 7.

Internet Explorer will not open http://www.lake-mills.k12.ia.us/ which is a site I visited frequently on my old Windows 98 computer, with Norton AntiVirus, so I know the website is currently available. Also, on my homepage, http://www.wctatel.net/ there should be a box that displayed the current temperature, and was clickable for the forcast. The box was also always there on my old computer. I currently have McAfee Privacy Service and Spam Killer turned off, as well as the Windows pop-up blocker. I tried using the Foxfire browser, and the same problems persist. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

Hello,

Try this:

Open IE and click Tools-->Internet Options-->Security-->Trusted Sites-->Sites.

Enter the site to the list, apply OK. Now go and try the sites in question.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users