Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activation of Windows 8 after replacing SSD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Unholypanda

Unholypanda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

I just replaced my Vertex 4 with an 840 Pro and now Windows 8 isn't activating. Normally I'm good at this stuff but I'm almost at my wits end. I have a legitimate copy of Windows 8 Pro upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. I have tried both keys to activate. My Windows 8 Pro key just says that I need a MCE key. When I use my MCE key it just says that I can't use it because it is an upgrade key on a retail install. I have tried changing the MediaBootInstall key in OOBE and rearming but when trying to rearm it just says that I can't use that on a "non-core" version of Windows 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

If the copy is legitimate you should call Microsoft phone in support. They can verify your product key and activate your Windows. Once activated don't forget to image the system partition as an insurance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users