Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recording problem!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 corvor

corvor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Just recently I reinstalled windows 7 and since  that time i have not been able to record anything using programs like audacity and sound tap.

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just a shot in the dark.

Did You install the sound drivers or are you using the Generic, not optimized drivers from Windows 7 install?

What is the make and Model of the computer or if home built, what make and model of the Motherboard?

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 corvor

corvor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am using an HP Compaq desktop computer. Windows 7 aleady installed installed. No disks.The only way I can re-install is go to system recovery/recovery manager/restore to orginal factory condition.

I didn't install any drivers. I really don't know how to do that.

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

What is set for your recording devices? When you right click the speaker icon in the notification tray, and click recording devices, does your device show up?

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi, If You did the restore to original factory condition, that should put it back to when it was delivered condition with all the software and drivers installed. Just like when You bought it.

One other thought are You plugging the microphone into the Pink Microphone jack or are You using a USB microphone?

As chrisd87 said do you see something like these When You right click on the little speaker Icon?

win7-speaker.jpg

And then when You click on the recording devices what Do you see? In my case no microphone is connected so it doesn't show.

win7-recording-tab.jpg

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 26 April 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#6 corvor

corvor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

I am using a microphone and it looks like it is recognized because it is checked as the recording device,

#7 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Please try to setup a new microphone by going to Start- and in the search box type setup a microphone. Click the option that is presented. Once that opens choose the choice that best fits your setup.

Go through the process to see if it will detect your microphone when you start reading the text.

microphone.jpg

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#8 corvor

corvor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

FYI I set up the microphone as per chrisd87 post. but it not detected when i was reading the text.

Very frustrating!

Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users