Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what happens if you have too much tabs open

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Korin

Korin

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

I have about 50 tabs open or so and i cant scroll anymore, I have to force it to move

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle

• Security Colleague
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

This is because RAM memory gets full...

What browser are you using?

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Indeed. Best practice is to close tabs you don't absolutely need to keep open -- 50 tabs is quite a few. Better to rely on bookmarks for frequently uses pages. Sites you rely on frequently can be added to your trusted sites so they'll load faster and you don't have to keep logging in if a log on is required.

Once you've run out of available RAM, the computer will slow to the point of freezing.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,789 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

If your browser has a 'speed dial' feature you can also keep them more accessible than bookmarks or excessive number of tabs.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users