Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD upon booting this morning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LilDeamon

LilDeamon

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

It's been almost 3 years since I needed Bleeping Computers to diagnose my problem, I'm back now with Windows 8 problems... Yay.

Anyways when booting the laptop this morning I was greeted with a BSOD with error "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Wdf01000.sys)". Last night I put the computer into hibernation with my browser open, so it should have been waking from that.

Specs:

Intel i7 3740QM

16GB Kingston RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 675MX

Seagate Momentus XT 750GB

The laptop is based upon a Clevo P150EM

I'll attach a zip with a minidump.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dump.zip   31.16KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi

Did you use or used any joystick with your laptop ?.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 25 April 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#3 LilDeamon

LilDeamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Not exactly a joystick but I do use a PlayStation 3 controller with my laptop.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hi LilDeamon

Analysis of the dump you provides reveals the driver which causes wdf01000.sys to crash is MijXfilt.sys . It is the driver for 'Motioninjoy' PS3\XBOX360 controller driver which is  well known  for BSOD and crashes. This driver is not even fully compatible with Windows 8. I recommend you to immediately remove it from the system. To remove it follow the steps :

a)Uninstall 'Motioninjoy' from controlpanel--->Programs and features.

b)After uninstall finishes open C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder and verify if there is a file named 'MijXfilt.sys' . If it is there reboot the system in to safemode and delete it manually.

There are several third parties who provides driver for PS3 controller. All of them are not official so may crash your system. If you still want a joystick with your laptop, i recommend buying an XBOX 360 controller for PC and use official Microsoft driver for that. 

#5 LilDeamon

LilDeamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Ugh I was hoping it wasn't MotionInJoy, I've heard it is bad but its the only option for PS3 controllers. Thanks for telling me, I'll keep it in mind in case I ever get a 360 controller, I have 4 PS3 ones at the moment so I like to make use of those.

Thanks anyway, I appreciate it. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users