Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Processes Going High

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MaskyHeat

MaskyHeat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

A Month Ago, My computer processes is normal. and starting from a week ago My CPU Processes Is In High Size after 1 minutes. Can someone help me or is this normal? because i can't play games with these high size processes

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well...just curious...what makes you think those readings are high in any way?

I just checked my Task Manager and I have seven processes with higher readings than your circled processes...and I consider that "normal".

Louis

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I agree. As long as you aren't getting any lag while playing games, those readings are fairly normal and you don't need to worry too much about them. If you click the Performance tab in Task Manager, as long as your overall CPU usage is averaging under 40 percent or less regularly, the readings for individual processes aren't something you need to worry about.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,779 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I noted that SearchIndexing is running in TaskManager and it consumes a lot of resources. You could disable ths feature if not using it. See How to Disable the Search Indexing Feature in Windows 7

I also noted that FixCleaner is one of the process running in Task Manager. If you have been using it, be aware that
Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 MaskyHeat

MaskyHeat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

It may be normal for some people but, not for me because when i play a game, just in a minute it says:"Please close these programs to prevent low memory:NFS Shift 2" 

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,244 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

The problem isn't that certain processes are running high. The problem is an overall lack of memory resources. How much RAM do you have installed? How full is your hard drive (a full hard drive leaves little room for virtual memory/page files)? Do you leave programs and files open and running in the background when you are playing Need for Speed? Do you shut down your computer from time to time or leave it running constantly (this can also lead to issues with system memory)?

Try running disk cleanup under Accessories>System Tools, and emptying out things like cache and temporary files. That's a good start.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,779 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

How to Optimize Performance in Windows 7: <- ignore any recommending for using optimizing tools
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users