Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cant play certain games on my computer anymore?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yoshaytw

yoshaytw

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

about 3 days ago, i was just on the computer. I went on the internet, tried downloading adobe after affects, and played minecraft. after awhile i got bored so i turned off my computer. When i decided to go back on later, i couldnt play my only 2 computer games which are wizard101 and minecraft. Internet, videos and other programs work just fine. Its just wiz101 and minecraft.

When trying to open wizard 101 i get 3 errors (see attached file). After all those messages go away i can type in my username and password to start the game, but it just tells me i am unable to connect to wizard101.

For minecraft, i have 2 different minecrafts installed. One of the minecrafts let me enter my password and username and begin playing the game, but after that the minecraft window just goes black and stays like that. When trying to play the OTher minecraft i get this error -

Java Virtual Machine Launcher 

Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Documents And Settings\Victoria\Desktop\Mineshafter-proxy.jar

ive tried uninstalling and then re-installing minecraft, thats all. It did not work though. I havent tried anything else yet. I have a windows Xp. If you need anymore info on my computer or need me to be more clear about some things, please let me know. Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Required reading :)http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/dciman32-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm .

Me, I would try running the sfc /scannow command, to repair/replace damaged system files.

How To Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

Louis

#3 yoshaytw

yoshaytw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

it worked! I used the command and did what it told me to do, and now everything is ok again!! Thank you so much!!!!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Glad you resolved it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users