Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notification Website Blocked Virus. NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlakeCunningham10

BlakeCunningham10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

So i am having an issue with all 3 of my web browsers. Whenever I try to go to any website such as YouTube, Google, Runescape or any popular website I get a message saying, Notification Website Blocked then it has a space that says Click here to unlock website. When you click on it it takes you to a spam page wanting you to take some survay. This is a really annoying issue that I need help with. Please anyone who knows a solution let me know.

Thanks!!
Blake.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hello, this Ransomeware has probably infected your HOSTS file.
Reset the HOSTS file
As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system.
Some types of malware will alter the HOSTS file as part of its infection. Please follow the instructions provided in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?

To reset the hosts file automatically,go HERE click the MSFixit.png button. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.

If that worked see in you can do these. If yu still cannot get to web pages then download them onto and run off a flash drive.

Please Download TDSSkiller
Launch it.
Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system
Click on "Scan".
Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
•Close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Delete.
•Confirm each time with Ok.
•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
OR
Click Run in the File Download dialog box or save MicrosoftFixit50267.msi to your Desktop and double-click on it to run. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users