Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, ok its time to start poking about & get help. Which forum for svchost virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AliceN311

AliceN311

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm a long time computer user and at one time (before retirement) I would've been the "go to" person in the office for minor problems and bugs.  But . . . a few years have past since I've worked and since I'm not in the corporate world anymore, I'm not as savvy with all that hits the laptop or my desktop.  

Well, it seems the very day AVAST expired my laptop was bombarded with an enormous amount of unwelcome "things".  The most irritating was that my laptop would randomly have audio going off and on, more than one stream of audio at a time, too. Also, the laptop would just freeze whenever it wanted to and turn itself off.  I hope I have gotten rid of all the bugs but would love to check the forums to see if I've done all i need to be doing. There are so many forums here I haven't figured out which to check into. A bit of help in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks bunches.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kid13

kid13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

hey

#3 kid13

kid13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

ohh i can post here i had same problem u need to remove avastan and download avg and avasta wont let u remove right? than u need to turn of computer and turn it on and quikly start downloading avg or just redownload avasta and than run avg becsue avasta wont let u run avg and svchost is a dangures virus. i have same problem but avg cant delet it first time it helped but i fal for some darkcomet site and i have it now and avg wont help me this time!  i hope u understod my terible english 

#4 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi AliceN311! :welcome: to BleepingComputer!  

If you believe your computer is infected, there are essentially two forums you can post to.
The first is the Am I infected? forum. This is generally the first place to go to if you aren't sure whether your machine is infected or not.
The second is the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. Users posting to this forum are instructed to follow a set of instructions and, upon doing so, receive assistance from a highly qualified group of BC users.

If you do not think you're infected, the best place to post would likely be in the forum for your particular Operating System.

One last thing: are you sure the svchost file you're concerned about is illegitimate? The legitimate svchost.exe is located in either C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and is an integral part of Windows OSs.

To kid13: it's inadvisable to use another user's post to obtain help. If you need assistance, create your own post.

-r0d3r1ck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users