Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help choosing gaming computer components?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shock0

shock0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

so i need help for choosing some components . this pc will be mainly used for gaming and also some video editing 
Processor : i5-3470/i5-3570/i5-3570k
cooler : Antec Kuhler H2O 620 CPU Water Cooler/CORSAIR Hydro Series H80 High Performance/corsairH60/Antec Kuhler H2O 920
graphic card :HD 7950 3GB OC GDDR5 SAPPHIRE/SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 OC with Boost
motherboard :ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
ram (2x8) :G.skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866/G.skill Ripjaws-X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5v/G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133
hard disk :Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
ssd(os) :Kingston SSDNow V200 Series 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk or Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 60GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5 inch Solid-State 
case :Thermaltake VO200M1W2N (Black) ATX Full Tower Case
powersupply:SeaSonic M12II Bronze 620W 80 PLUS PSU/SeaSonic ECO 600W PSU
monitor :ASUS VS Series VS248H 24 inch 2MS LED Monitor/Samsung S23A750D 120Hz 23.0" 
operatingsys:window 7 home premium
opticaldrive :Liteon iHOS 104-323 4X Blu-ray ROM DVDRW Drive/Pioneer BDR-S07XLT 12X Blu-ray Writer Drive 
i know i have to chose 3570 k as it is the only cpu the can be oc from those i am getting liquid cooling and i will stay with case fans because the seems enough for graphic card ,so which one i choose from all that . both monitors are on discount for 200 $ . so please tell me which one i choose and why also give me a rate on my gaming rig also tell me how much fps will i get on bf3 ,crysis 3 and far cry
the vapor version of graphic card comes with hitman bioshock infinite far cry3 and crysis 3.the sdd will break the budget , do you think it is worse it ,also will the liquid cooling fit my case ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

What is your price range for this PC?  What site are you getting the parts from?  I take it those are various parts you are considering for the individual components.

Those are good monitors, but I would get an IPS-based monitor like the ASUS VG Series VG23AH for better color quality and viewing angles.  Your build looks good but there are a few other things you may want to consider...

As you are rendering, I would consider the FX-8350 since those CPU's tend to do well with highly parallel tasks, such as that.  With a high-end GPU like the 7950 or 7970, it would be more of a "side-grade" to go for the i5 3570, especially in real world conditions.  If I had to choose from those specific CPU's, I would go for the 3570.  Remember, games tend to rely on the GPU more than the CPU.

I don't know of any Intel 1155 motherboards that offer full PCI-E X16 speeds on two slots in SLI or Crossfire mode.  This isn't an issue in single GPU configurations, but, as GPU's get faster, it might lead to a small performance decrease.  Only LGA 2011 and 990FX boards offer this.

You don't need super-fast RAM, DDR3-1333 or 1600 is more than enough.

I suggest getting a 120GB or larger SSD as you will fill it up rather quickly at 60GB.

You could also go for Windows 8 and live on the desktop, like most people do.

Since you're using a full ATX tower, the water cooling components should fit the case, but, unless you are doing some extreme overclocking, you may find a high performance air cooler most practical.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users