Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email from Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deadeyejack

deadeyejack

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Recently have not been able to receive emails-some do come over but not about 90%.  I have called and talked to my regular emailers so I know the first statement is true.  I have called my internet provider several times in the last 3 days but they cannot find anything wrong other than telling me it probably is my email provider (Windows Live Mail).  I am now getting a pop-up that states I must be on line and/or that I am working off line and do I want to go on line?  The program does not allow me to answer as when I click on yes or no, the pop up keeps returning..

I have also talked with their Security section thinking that maybe they flagged my account for some reason as one of internet provider persons stated they may have done.  I have been assured that that was not done.

Oh yes-I do check Web Mail and one that was sent to me today is in Web Mail.  That was a test from my Internet Provider-it just will not come over to my Live Mail!

I have NO problems sending emails-ONLY receiving them!

Is there an upgrade or driver that I need?  Maybe I need to switch email accounts to GMail or HotMail?

Thank you to anyone who responds.  I am very frustrated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

I don't know anything about Live Mail and how it works...but I would just uninstall/reinstall it.  There may be damaged files and the uninstall/reinstall would eliminate that suspicion.

I believe that they also have a forum...if it happens to you, chances are it's happened to someone else and come up before.

Louis

#3 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

this is probably not your issue but this happened to me once before.On the top of live mail there is a globe that I mistakenly clicked offline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users