Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Booting problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JessicaAsulio

JessicaAsulio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hi dolls, I would just like to get my computer to begin working again since its my friend Leona's on and she is very particular about her stuff. It all began when I was using a social network [Tumblr] when this problem occurred. It began to freeze so I opened the tab again to find a The Blue Screen of DEATH on her computer. IT STATED AS FOLLOWED

Unmountable Boot Volume.

xxx stop 0x000000ED COXFFFFFA8000684BCDB, OX FFFFFFFFC00000B5, 0X0000000000000000,0 X0000000000000000.

Can someone please help me

PS

I have no CD of windows on the said computer and every time I try to restart it it gives this problem. and restarts again when I click on fix this problem it has a black screen with a mouse nothing more nothing less. I spent all day yesterday trying to fix the problem and the computer remained black with the cursor.

Who ever helps me I will always be indebted  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi,

Let's try the easy stuff first. (1) Turn off the computer, disconnect the power supply and remove the battery for about 30 seconds ( turn the computer over and you will see two catches. Operate these and the battery will slide out ). Put the battery back in, re-connect the power supply and re-start. This cures a lot of problems !  If this doesn't work, then,

(2)  Turn the computer on again, and, while the BIOS screen is showing - that's the screen before it says 'Windows Starting' -press the F8 key a couple of times. This will either bring up a list of drives on the computer - in which case use the up and down arrow keys to select the hard drive, then press enter - or it will bring up a black screen with white text with, near the top, reference to various forms of 'Safe Mode'.

Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select 'Safe Mode with Networking' and press 'Enter'. this should start the computer running. It will look odd, a black screen with large icons in an array, but this is normal. Let it finish starting in safe mode then click on the 'Start' button and shut it down. Then re-start it, and with a bit of luck it will work normally again.

If none of the above works, come back here but with details of the make and model of the computer.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

Just to add as to what have been suggested already, please check the manufacturing brand of your hard drive and run a diagnostic test for the drive by the support site. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001091.htm The error code could also mean that the drive is faulty which means to backup your data also just in case.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users