Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google.com

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 luciusad2004

luciusad2004

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

Has anyone else had a problem with google, or is it just me? Whenever i go to google.com i automatically get redirected to google.es, the spanish google. It only seems to be a problem with google.com as when i tried google.fr (france google) It works fine. Is anyone else haveing this problem? Does anyone kno what might be causing it. My friend said it was working fine for her. Its not a major problem... just a nuissence of sorts.
Thanks for the help

---Computer Science Major---

Sophomore - I'll graduate... someday

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:16 PM

This may or may not help, but try deleting any and all cookies set by Google.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 luciusad2004

luciusad2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

Its still acting up. But thanks for the reply. I guess ill just have to live with it. Its not like i need to read how to use google anyway :thumbsup:.

My only worry is that its something in my computer.

Thanks again for the help.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:20 AM

Here is a link to the Google Help Center page, discussing just your issue. http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.p...&topic=0&type=f
Hope this link helps. Please let us know either way, and good luck.

Be (Internationally) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 luciusad2004

luciusad2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

Ah, Thank you very much. It is now directing me to the right domain. But, one question, Does that mean that possibley, my ip number is somehow messed up? It said that it will redirect you based on your ip number. Is there anything i should check for? We have three computers hooked up to a wireless router, the two notebooks being connected wirelessly and teh desktop being hardwired. It redirects the other notebook but i havent checked the pc upstairs. So in short

Should i check the network for any problems just to be safe, or just use that page and set all of the pc's to the right domain?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users