Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"mail Blocked Due To Triggering Anti-spam Limits"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kat

Kat

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

Emails to me at my Juno address have suddenly begun to be bounced back to the senders who are attempting to email from a particular business address. If I am emailed at my Hotmail address though, the messages come thru just fine. I forwarded Juno an error/bounce message which was received by one of the senders, and this is what they tell me:

"Mail from the IP [number] was blocked because it triggered our anti-spam limits. Please be assured that we have contacted the domain authorities and are working with them to resolve this problem as soon as possible."

Could someone please 'splain this to me? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hi Kat
Only Juno can really answer that.
Something in their spam filtering system\software may have gone haywire and is identifying the particular senders IP address as a known source of spam thus kicking it back.
Sometimes a particular hyperlink (known spam source) inserted in an e-mail message will cause the same thing. It appears from that message they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

It may be that Juno has a quantitive limit set to the number of E-mails from one source before it filters them out as SPAM. Many ISPs for example, have such a limit to the number of Emails you can send within a certain period, as a way to eliminate Spammers. If many people send you E-mails, but all from the same address, it might block them.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Kat

Kat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

Thanks, you two. The particular business address that is getting the bounces only involves an email or two per week to me at the Juno addy, adding to my puzzlement.
Unless it would be unnecessarily plugging up this wonderful site, I'll come back and post the results, after Juno follows up.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

Please let us know what Juno says, since Other members may have a similar problem in the future.
Thanks,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users