Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop loading slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PartyCow

PartyCow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Hello.

My Windows XP SP3's desktop is loading very slowly.

When I turn on my computer everything seems normal until the "Welcome" screen that shows for about 15 seconds, then showing a blank desktop with only background image for about 2 minnutes. After the 2 minnutes the cursor changes to hourglass and after a while it loads the desktop as it usually would.

Starting joblist, killing explorer.exe and relaunching it starts it instantly, also logging off and logging in again will also start it instant.

Any idea why this is?

-PC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Is this new behavior or has it been happening for a long time? If new, What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)? Also, have you tried a selective startup? The delay is almost certainly due to a specific process loading with Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users