Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Allow JavaScript?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 defurman

defurman

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

I am running Windows 7 64bit and i live in the UK. I have been trying to view www.hulu.com via a proxy but each time i keep getting:

Configure your security software or browser plugins to allow hulu.com to load JavaScript.

I know for a certainty that my browser's Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 20.01 and Opera are all javascript enabled because i've checked and rechecked so what could be the problem?

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2013 - 01:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

How long have you been successfully watching Hulu through a proxy? Just guessing that there are always going to be problems trying to do that.

#3 defurman

defurman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

I thought that by using a proxy i would have been able to watch hulu.com?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

You didn't answer my question so I assume that this is your first attempt trying to watch Hulu with a proxy. Obviously you can't watch Hulu and you are trying to get around it. Try a different proxy. Maybe none of them will work. But to assume that the problem is something else is very presumptuous. 

#5 defurman

defurman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Was definitely not trying to be presuptuous so apology is in order. I have never watched hulu.com before and it was my first attempt using a proxy to watch hulu.com as well.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

You're not supposed to be able to watch Hulu outside the US. The problem is a lot of the proxy servers don't work as advertised. And some come with malware. I live in Canada and I can't watch Hulu either. I refuse to compromise my computer security for that.

#7 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

In order to watch Hulu outside of the jurisdiction so to speak, you'll need to have a vpn with servers based in the US. To abide by the Forum Rules, I will not list anything regarding vpns and etc.

Edited by chrisd87, 25 April 2013 - 10:27 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users