Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet/xbox 360 Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chaos3Keres

Chaos3Keres

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:13 PM

Howdy all

I am trying to sort out my brothers connection to XBox 360 Live using the connection from his computer. The Xbox he bought came with a Ethernet cable and I checked everywhere on his computer and there was no sign of another ethernet port to plug it into. I looked at the manual that was supplied and most of them showed the cable being plugged into a modem, router or gateway. All my brother has inbetween his computer to the phone socket is a BT Home Network PC Adapter. I believe his computer is on a network connection with the office computer downstairs.

I went to a PC shop today and the guy supplied me with a Mercury 10/100 MBPS Fast Ethernet PCI Card saying it would work with the Xbox. I installed it into the computer and added the driver and I get a ! over the connection saying:

Limited or No Connection

You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources. This problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.

I tried the connection to the xbox and came back with the IP address failed.

Any help on the matter would be great. Cheers in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

Ok if I understood right your brother has dial-up...

If he wants to use XBOX Live he need broadband...

If he does decide to get broadband you will have a modem... wich will have ethernet cable run to a router (wich is like a fancy splitter) then from the router you will have an ethernet cable that goes to your computer and another that will go to the xbox 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users