Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AOL/AIM Not Loading In Anything

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DariRyu

DariRyu

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Please disregard.  I have no idea what happened, but the issue seems to have resolved itself.  On a whim I checked AOL.com and it loaded.  I attempted to reconnect Trillian's AIM plugin and it connected without issue.  It appears to be working.  Perhaps it was only a DNS down between the AIM servers and my computer.  My apologies for posting needlessly.

I hate to post a second question when I already have one out, but this issue just cropped up.  I was peacefully using my computer, minding my own business... when suddenly the AIM component of Trillian disconnected.  It has been going on for little more than an hour.  This is very upsetting, as AIM is what 90% of my contacts use.  Additionally, experimentation with the issue has revealed that nothing AOL or AIM-related will load on my computer.

And it is not just my browser, as Trillian and my web browser are not linked, as far as I know.  I attempted to reconnect Trillian's AIM plugin with no success.  I installed AIM proper and it claimed there was no connection.  I attempted to access aim.com and was told there was a problem loading the page, or that the server was "taking too long to respond".  I have flushed the DNS twice.  I have closed Trillian entirely and reconnected.  Nothing appears to be working.

The details of my connection are in a post in the Networking area, but for ease of reading, I have cable, and my computer is connected to the Internet via a Netgear wireless modem.  Any idea what could be wrong?

One final note, I did experience a wifi hiccup earlier in the evening.  However, the AIM plugin worked fine for hours after that on the new connection, and did not die until an hour or so ago.

--~*Dari

Edited by DariRyu, 23 April 2013 - 03:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users