Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight Errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 concretewater

concretewater

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm not sure if the two are related but I am having problems with both Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight. I first noticed the problem trying to view something on Netflix. It told me i needed to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight. So I did, to no avail. Also, I have had a problem viewing almost anything online because Flash isn't working. When I install Flash, right when I start up the install wizard, this error message appears:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Dxtmsft.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I know I should contact Adobe but I have not gotten a lot of help from it in the past. And this is a personal computer, not a networked one.

I actually found a helpful forum on here which I thought solved my Flash problem. I went to the uninstall page and uninstalled Flash entirely and deleted all the program files. I restarted my computer and installed Flash again. I was even able to watch a YouTube video afterwards, so I thought, great! but now it's done it again! I am just confused. It literally was working and now is not. Any suggestions? I usually use IE (I have NEVER been able to get Flash working on Firefox). Everything else is up to date, as far as I can tell.

SA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 concretewater

concretewater
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

I've reinstalled everything again, and am still getting the same error messages. Please help! Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am just so clueless. Even internet searches have yielded no help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users