Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell inspiron n4110 factory restore problem! please help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

hello everyone, i just joined the forums and this is my first post. my cousin gave me a dell Inspiron computer running windows 7 64bit home preminum. it was loaded with a bunch of stuff so i went ahead and did a factory image restore, everything completed without error and it told me to restart. when i restarted it flashed a BSOD and sent me to startup repair. startup repair could not fix the problem so now i am unable to boot up at all. safe mode/safe mode with networking both do the exact same thing. i cannot boot into windows at all. i dont understand when the computer was running fine just an hour ago. now after a factory restore it wont boot into windows. i just ordered discs from dell to try and boot windows 7 from the cd, other than that i am all out of ideas and any input would be appreciated.

thanks everyone,

alex

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Hi alex,

You can boot into the BIOS and try setting that to factory defaults as well. If that doesn't work, you might want to try the factory image restore one more time.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hi alex,

You can boot into the BIOS and try setting that to factory defaults as well. If that doesn't work.

All this will do it set the CMOS setting back to the default settings.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Alex, can you boot into the Advanced Boot Options?

I you can, click on the Repair Your Computer option and then press the Enter key.

Click on the Dell Factory Image Recovery and Data Safe Options button to start up the recovery partition. Follow the instructions to restore the Dell to factory settings.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi alex,

You can boot into the BIOS and try setting that to factory defaults as well. If that doesn't work.

All this will do it set the CMOS setting back to the default settings.

Really? Thanks for the tip!

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Any time. :thumbup2:

#7 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Any time. :thumbup2:

Hmm, I was just wondering what would happen if someone had made BIOS setting changes (such as overclocking the CPU or RAM or making inappropriate voltage changes, etc) that might cause the unit to experience some instability at times and if that might have any effect when trying to do a factory image restore (without errors)?

#8 acerts04

acerts04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

hey guys, thanks for the input. i received the discs from dell and did a clean install of windows 7 and then installed the drivers via the disk. i got it working just like new! i still dont understand what happened when i did the dell factory image restore and windows wouldnt boot. maybe a file got corrupted and messed up the OS? either way its just like new! thanks again

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Glad to hear the good news. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users