Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a Printer Driver for HP laserjet 3100

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 capt zero

capt zero

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

For some reason my sisters computer "lost" it's printer driver (her term). I attempted to reinstall a new driver for her, but discovered that HP has discontinued support for this printer. The only apparent options are these commercial links that I'm not sure I can trust. I'm trying to find a place I can download a driver for this printer or a different driver that works for her printer. Any ideas? She is running Windows XP professional operating system on an older Acer system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Does she have the install disk for the printer? What happens if you install the printer and let XP find the drivers?

There is always cnets download: 

http://download.cnet.com/HP-LaserJet-3100/3000-2116_4-120959.html

Just make sure you don't get anything bundled with it. Read up by clicking on the little Information 'i' icon on the download button.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

You can also download the driver directly from HP here:  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=12015&locale=en_us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=24352&prodTypeId=18972

#4 capt zero

capt zero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Animal and anireply,

I appreciate your responses. I've downloaded the driver from cnet and it doesn't set off any alarms on my system, I'll try it on my sister's tomorrow. anireply, I've tried that route before and all I get is a cycle from that page through several links back to the original page. If you click on that link and check carefully there isn't a place to download the driver, only links to suscribe to a mailing list or check compatability. Thanks anyway.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

You're welcome. Hope it works for you. Let us know either way. Good luck. :thumbup2:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 anyrepli

anyrepli

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Animal and anireply,

I appreciate your responses. I've downloaded the driver from cnet and it doesn't set off any alarms on my system, I'll try it on my sister's tomorrow. anireply, I've tried that route before and all I get is a cycle from that page through several links back to the original page. If you click on that link and check carefully there isn't a place to download the driver, only links to suscribe to a mailing list or check compatability. Thanks anyway.

Sorry about that! I should have tried to click through before suggesting that download.

#7 capt zero

capt zero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Animal,

Just wanted to thank you. After a couple of hiccoughs I finally got everything working to my sisters' satisfaction (she doesn't seem to understand that when you have to use third party stuff that sometimes it doesn't work the same way it always has in the past and some tweaking is necessary occasionally). Anyway just wanted to say thank you. Whenever I (shudder) have to work with Window OS I always can depend on the help I get here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users