We have been dealing with this problem since April 4th, and haven't been able to get this resolved. Pretty sure the virus is gone, but most of our personal files have all be renamed to *.*.html. There are other threads regarding this, but I haven't been able to resolve this by reading them.
I originally ran malwarebytes immediately and also did a Norton Scan. A few things were found and quarantined. Nothing gave me access to the files though. After a few days of not being able to figure it out, we took computer to a repair guy who said he could fix it, but he couldn't. He tried lots of various things, but nothing worked. Then took it to another computer guy who worked on it for several days and still couldn't fix it. There have been a variety of scans from every possible program...none of the decrypt programs work either because they aren't even recognizing that the files are encrypted. They may not be. I'm thinking that there is something in the registry blocking access. Have played with permissions in file properties, but it doesn't help.
Really desperate to get access back to the files before we do a complete reinstall. The backup drive was attached, so all of the backups are lost too.
I ran the dds scan and zipped the two logs. I will attach. Also have logs from probably a dozen other various scans if needed, or can redo them. Mostly need to get the files back and hoping that it's not too late.
Well, not seeing where to attach files, so I guess I'll wait for further instructions.