Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to put a MKV file on to a DVD to make it work like the real one.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

I have a film which is a MKV file. The film has subtitles in 4 languages and 4 audio languages. Two audio languages and their relevant subtitles I wish to keep. The other two languages and subtitles, I don't care if they are there are not.
The trouble is that the MKV file is so large, 7.95 GB, that it won't fit onto a normal DVD.

I have tried with "Any Video Converter 5" and changed it to a MPG file. This has helped to reduce the size so it fits onto a DVD.

However, the DVD doesn't have the possibility to change language or see the subtitles.
Any ideas on how to make a working DVD just like the original?

Thanks.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Please try http://www.dvdflick.net/

Guide http://www.dvdflick.net/guide/index_en.html

Tekken

#3 English Teacher

English Teacher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi,

I have tried to install DVD Flick but obtain the following error message:

"An error occurred during startup. Number 339 from dvdflick:
Component 'comct232.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Last DLL error: 0"

I have tried to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and SP3 but to no avail.

Just in case it's important, my computer is running Windows 7 64bit

Hope I can get this sorted out.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by English Teacher, 22 April 2013 - 01:17 PM.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

I was able to install DVD Flick 32 on my Windows 7 64 system w/out any errors. Sorry as I'm not familiar with that error. Try reinstalling it again. Related errors shows registering it on cmd prompt in Windows 32 folders but it seems its a different solution for the 64 bit OS. Maybe others will have an idea.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users